Thursday, December 15, 2011
Was the Mastectomy a Waste?
We feel the Mastectomy was a miracle. The doctors have been monitoring Charlotte every 3 months for the past 3 years. They have done their best using MRI’s and Ultra sounds in addition to regular mammograms. The Oncologist said that even with all the test they know how to run, they can only see cancer about 70% of the time. He figures that her tumor had been growing for 7 years. The mastectomy was the only way they found the tumor. He says if they had waited until summer there would have been more tumors and the first one would have spread through out her whole body. We are grateful the mastectomy allowed the doctors to start treating the cancer early.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love Charlotte McGee. I have been teaching with her at Shelley Elem. for the past 4 years, and she has become a dear friend to me. She is one of the most patient, intelligent, compassionate, and giving people I know. I, too, feel it is a blessing that her doctors spotted the cancer before it spread even further. Charlotte is so strong. She has the love and support of me and hundreds of others. WE LOVE YOU, CHARLOTTE!!! XOXO
ReplyDeleteI love you Char, I miss you so much and wish I could be there with you holding your hand. I may not be there is person but you carry me in your heart. Stay strong, you are loved by so many. <3 Jodi
ReplyDeleteHI Charlotte, Im your cousins Steve's wife. Just wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers! Stay strong and positive!
ReplyDeleteThank you for starting this blog. It's a wonderful idea. I love you Char, tons!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that you and your family have to go through this, but I'm also grateful that the doctors found the cancer in time to treat it...and I think it really is a miracle that you decided to do the surgery now. And thank you for sharing your experiences with this blog...I think it's a great idea. You are strong and amazing...you will get through this!
ReplyDelete