Friday, December 23, 2011

Surgery #2

On Tuesday (Dec. 20) I had my second surgery. The doctors did a full hysterectomy, took out quite a large sampling of lymph nodes under my right arm and put in a port so that I will be ready to start chemotherapy in about four weeks. The surgery went well and I was able to come home on Wednesday evening. We should get the pathology results for the lymph nodes and the ovaries with in the next two weeks. Then we will know how far the breast cancer has spread and if I have ovarian cancer as well.

I am really glad to be home even though I am not up to doing much. I love to watch and interact with my kids. They are so excited about Christmas. I am very grateful to the many people who have quietly set to work doing special things for my family. You have truly made this difficult time a special and joyous one instead. Thank you for all your love and support.

1 comment: